Signup For Our Mailing List
Asian Studies to Fund 10 Student AAS Registrations
Asian Studies Students: Are you planning to attend the 2017 AAS Conference?
The Asian Studies Program is supporting student participation in the Association for Asian Studies (AAS) 2017 Annual Conference in Toronto (March 16-19)! We can reimburse up to 10 student registrations for the 2017 AAS conference. The AAS preregistration fee for students is $60 and you have until February 21 to register for the conference at this rate. We will reimburse each person $60, even if you register on-site for the higher rate.
While we hope to fund all eligible students, we can reimburse only 10 student registration fees and the first 10 eligible students who submit correct paperwork will receive reimbursement.
Students, to apply for reimbursement:
- You must be an enrolled UB student in the Spring 2017 semester.
- You must bring correct and complete paperwork at the time of submission. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
- If you are an undergraduate student, you must be a registered Asian Studies major or minor.
- If you are a graduate student, your graduate work must demonstrably focus on Asian Studies.
To apply for the funds you will need:
- Conference registration receipt in your name with payment type indicated (not your credit card number, just the type of payment. For example: “Payment by CC”, or “CC XXX-1234”).
- Redacted (all personal information blacked out) print out of your credit card statement or bank statement with your name and the charge for the registration visible.
- Proof of attendance: registration stamp if this is offered at AAS or selfie in front of an AAS conference sign wearing your AAS name tag.
- Note that you are not required to present a paper at the AAS conference to be eligible.
Bring these materials to the Asian Studies Program office (412 Clemens Hall) during the following times only: between 9-11am or 1-4pm from April 3 – April 7, 2017.
- Materials submitted by email will not be accepted.
- Materials submitted at any other time will not be accepted.
- Materials must be submitted in person, by you, for yourself.
- Materials for the first 10 students only will be accepted.
- We will post on our Facebook page when the opportunity closes.
Please email Asian-Studies@buffalo.edu with any questions.
Best wishes for a great conference experience!